Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Friday, August 19, 2011

DR_MTC_1

Dear Family,
 
Hey whats up! I made it to the Dominican Republic. OK! ha I'm doing just great even though it is a lot different then what i though it would be.
 
There are only 30 missionaries here and about 10 teachers. The MTC President stays with us and is an awesome man. The MTC is right next to the temple, like 30 feet away, it is amazing. it is good to finally be here.  I realized this morning that we don't get to leave this MTC for another 6 weeks!  lots of learning still ahead.  As I've said before,  I'm here to learn and to have a little fun.
 
A neat benefit for the members that travel to go to the temple, is that they get to stay at the MTC. So, there are missionaries and member families that stay at the MTC.  I don't know if there are any functions that we get to share in or not with the members.  But, these people will probably be some of the people we'll work with in our different areas. 
 
The flights through Chicago and Miami where pretty good and I had a lot of fun, because I love flying haha anyway.
 
I have a new companion here, his name is Elder Hamilton.  He is from Saratoga Springs and went to BYU last year. We seem to get along just great.
 
It was way fun to talk to y'all in the airports.  I'm sorry that i didn't get to talk for very long. I found out after I got off the phone that if the person that I had called would have just called the pay phone I was at we could've talked for a while longer; dang it,  but its okay!  It was good to hear you guys.
 
They tell us to tell you to not send packages here to the MTC.  Just send letters, dear elder.com, and emails to :matthew.griner@myldsmail.net.
 
my new address for here is :
 
 
Centro de Capacitacion Misional
Ave. Bolivar #825
Esq. Genesis, Los Robles
Santo Domingo, Rep. Dom.
 
 
So it is just like everyone says, people talk very fast.  I am excited and can't wait to understand the language and speech patterns better ! ha
 
I love you all and will write to y'all on Thursdays - which are my new p-days.   so yeah!
 
love you, thank you, and see ya later
 
ELDER GRINER

No comments:

Post a Comment