Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Saturday, February 23, 2013

N 2


Hey all!                                                 Feb 20,2013

This week has been awesome !

WE had the chance to shake Elder Anderson’s hand on Saturday and listen to Elder Rasband of the 70 talk. It was such an amazing experience to get to met them. It’s true that they have a special, je ne sais quoi, glow about them. You would be able to identify them in the biggest crowd with the loudest music just because they truly have the light of Christ.

Elder Rasband spoke to us because Elder Anderson went to the institute to speak to the youth. But, who in the world cares. His talk was amazing! He spoke to us about how we could and should testify of Christ our Savior. As he spoke I came to really understand how I have received my own testimony and how important it is to me.

My life has been surrounded by good people and good things.... ALWAYS! It was always me that made the situation bad. However, being able to look back on my life in the hour that he spent with us, I realized how my own testimony has developed. I honestly know that Christ lives and loves us. I know that He is always watching over us and wants so so badly to forgive us. Elder Rasband helped me to see what I need to do and be as a person and as a missionary. I could not believe how I felt when he was with us. I did not want him to leave.... I cant only imagine how it will be with Christ!! Ha.  
 
So these are the General authorities that came to visit our mission:
Elder Neil A. Anderson, a member of the Quorum of 12 Apostles


Elder Ronald Rasband, Senior President of the Seventy
Elder Wilford Anderson, a member of the Seventy, and the President of the Caribbean Area
Elder Devin Cornish, a member of the Seventy, and in counselor to the President of the Caribbean Area
Pres. Larry Bair, President of the Santo Domingo Temple


Seated along the front row left to right are
Almeda's, Elder & Sis. Cornish's, Elder & Sis.Rasband's, Elder & Sis. Neil Anderson, Pres. & Sis Douglas, Elder & Sis. Willford Anderson, President and Sister Bair


Okay, Matt's 5th in from the left on the second from the top row with the star aound his head.
 
 
On Monday, we had one of the most spiritual and sad lessons ever. We taught a lady named Claudia. She is married to a less active member and has a baptismal date for March. As we entered the house I felt that something was wrong, but without saying anything about it we taught and closed with pray. Before we finished, I simply asked her what we could do for her... she started to cry. She explained to us that her husband hadn’t had work for a long time and they don’t have money to buy dinner, that the baby didn’t have milk to drink and that even though she was closer to God, life was harder. After she got done talking, I had no idea what to do. I had like 20 bucks that I wanted to give to her but I knew she wouldn’t take it so what we did was we prayed and after we prayed she stopped crying and it felt so peaceful in the room.

After an moment of silence, her friend that was in the lesson told us that she wanted us to visit her. She gave us her address and expressed how she felt. Even though I had no idea what to do the Lord brought peace to Claudia and helped her friend to feel the Spirit!

I love the mission and Navarette. The people are amazing. My comp is amazing. I feel like I’m being the best missionary I can be. I love being a missionary.

I hope all of you feel that the gospel is true and that you show that you love Christ by the things you say and do.

On Saturday we are having a baptism! Monday I turn 21.......... freak.

I can't send any pictures because the computer doesn’t work very well..

lo siento mucho porque se que les gusta mi cara tanto (sorry, because I know how you love my face so much)!

love yall

--
ELDER MATT GRINER

misión santiago RD

No comments:

Post a Comment