Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Thursday, January 24, 2013

AH 21


Hello family and amigos.                                                                                               23 January 2013
As we were working this week, I don’t know why but i was feeling really..... in a rut, I guess you could say, because I fell into a routine. But as you all know, a missionary can’t be bored!! So what I did was I planned an intercambio or an exchange with a district leader in my zone.  He came over to my area and we worked hard, found a lot of people and were able to share with a couple that my comp and I have been teaching for a while now.  It’s strange because every time that we teach them I would get so nervous – they are the neighbors of the second counselor in our Bishopric ( he referred us to them and every time that he has given a reference to the missionaries the investigator doesn’t progress).  But as of now Manuel and Gissel are progressing but she has a problem believing in Joseph Smith. So on Monday in the exchange we taught them and that lesson, and to be honest, it didn’t go very well.  But as we bowed our heads to pray and as she offered the prayer, I had the most peaceful feeling that they are going to accept the gospel and be baptized. Now maybe it won’t be in my time here but I’m almost sure that they will be able to feel that our message is true. So after being in such a rut ha the Lord smacked me in the heart with a sweet experience and got me excited to keep working hard!.
We are working with two less active members named Jeremy and Alex.  They are 20 and 22 respectively and they both have kids of their own.   Ha.  Their brother Pedro who’s 23, just received the M. priesthood and is going on a mission!! That makes me happy because he wasn’t thinking about it like 3 months ago. The two less actives always drink and smoke and do things like that ha so my comp and I decided to visit them and challenge them to read the Book of Mormon, a chapter each day. They’ve lived up to the challenge for the last two weeks!  They went and bought dress shoes so that they would look nice for church, and little by little they’ll be back!!
This week we are going to teach Rafael’s friends and help him come to church.  Maxi James got back from Haiti and came to church.  Next week I think that the Bishop is going to give him a calling. He’s progressing well.  Elder Feliz my old comp called me and told me that he got a job in Santo Domingo and that he broke up with his girlfriend!! haha

Last Sunday we had stake conference. Elder nelson spoke to us via satellite.  We had an investigator named Arturo there with us who is 70 years old!!!!!!
The mission is chill!
Love ya !!!
--
ELDER MATT GRINER

misión santiago RD


                                                             me standing on a bridge


L to R Elders Renderos, Fabian, Griner and. Batron
 

No comments:

Post a Comment