Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Saturday, January 19, 2013

AH 20


Heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!                                        16 Jan 2013
I have this evolving realization that young men are sent on missions not only to help change lives and but also to have their life changed. As I have been here in Arroyo Hondo, I have been able to see proof of that.  This past week I realized how much I have changed as a person and I realized what the Lord has allowed me to do with my life here to help change the lives of others. 
First of all I give a lot of the thanks to sports.... haha because they helped me to have a good mentality; I had to develop an attitude where I could put up with stupid things and stupid people ( in my point of view).   I know that I was put here to help other missionaries. There are 24 missionaries in my zone and I have had the chance to work with just about every one of them.  I know that many people haven’t had to separate the crap from reality and “play through the ups and downs – success and failures etc.,to become mentally tough or maybe callused and let the water runoff like rain on a duck.  I am and have been able to help a ton of missionaries get over things that they were having problems with. I know that I was put with my comp Elder Renderos because he hasn’t had the greatest life. He moved out of his house when he was 14 because he couldn’t put up with his Mom, and he has never met his Dad.  He isn’t sure about himself and always puts himself down.  So I’ve (we’ve) got some work to do; he is such a great kid– he just needs to realize it.  Awaken the giant within as it were!!! haha but I’m grateful for it.
 We also got the chance to see how amazing the people that just got baptized are. We left to visit with Victor Meran who was baptized in December.  When it was his turn to share his testimony in the lesson he shared the simplest testimony ever, but I have never felt the spirit so much in my life. On Sunday he'll receive the Aaronic priesthood!!!
And yesterday we shared with Rafael Fernandez.  When we were sharing he stopped us and said, I need to help others know more about this message!  Then he went on to list about 5 people that were on his mind.  Guess who we will be teaching this next week!  I can really see how my time being here is effective and not wasted ( even though I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I’m going to do when I get home)  I know that as long as I am here I am going to keep working hard because there is nothing better than knowing that you’ve helped someone to change (for the better) their life.
My comp had to get his wisdom teeth taken out.  I thought he would talk a little bit less afterwards, but it didn’t slow him down a bit) ha!
And on Saturday we had the coolest night. There is a family in our ward that I really love. They’re a young couple and are struggling to get by right now. So we went out and bought a ton of food, prepared it and took it to their house to cook and eat with them.  I made Moms chicken with the cream of chicken stuff, but I added garlic, and put it over pasta.  It was fun for us and I hope for them also!!!!
LOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU all!--
ELDER MATT GRINER
misión santiago RD
2011-2013

Wonderful day in the neighborhood

Elder Renderos losing his wisdom (teeth that is)

No comments:

Post a Comment