Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Friday, January 11, 2013

AH 19


Hey Family,                                                                                9 Jan 2013 

Hello ! HOW IS EVERYONE ?
anyway... this week in the mission was fantastic J!
Having a new comp is cool but different.  I got really used to spending time with Elder Feliz and Elder Esparza,  because I was with them for 6 months.  Hopefully I’ll be able to do the same with Elder Renderos – this kid can sure talk! ha .
In the zone we have been wanting to help the missionaries ... become missionaries, and the way we decided to do that was by helping them invite people to be baptized.  It wasn’t happening very much. So, we put a goal to invite everyone they teach to be baptized in the first or second lesson. The reason why we thought to do that was because I have asked a couple missionaries that I really looked up to, as they were going home, what was something that they wish they had done better. They both answered, I wish I would’ve invited more people to be baptized the first time I met them! So that is what we are trying to do.  So far they have been doing pretty good.
On Thursday my comp and I put it into practice, we met a guy named Felipe and in the first lesson I invited him and in the second we put a date with him and invited him to church. On Sunday.... he went and it was so so perfect.  The bishop met him and the mission leader sat next to him, and they made him stand up in sacrament meeting as they announced that he was there for the first time.  It made him feel so good!  and as all of the member were bearing their testimonies he didnt stop paying attention.  When the meeting finished I asked him if he liked church. He told me ... no.... I loved it! He then pointed to the pulpit and said that’s not far away for me,  I’ve been waiting for the Lord to help me. !!!!
THE MISSION IS SICK haha . On Friday we are going to visit him with Victor, the guy that just got baptized!  I would’ve never thought about doing stuff like this before in my life but I’m so glad that I’m here doing it!
Thanks so much everyone for helping me get here. :)
Love yall
--
ELDER MATT GRINER
misión santiago RD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment