Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Tuesday, November 27, 2012

AH 12


21 November 2012 

Buenas mis queridos ?como estan todos?  (Greetings, loved ones.  How is everyone) 

 feliz dia de gracias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (Happy Thanksgiving)

deseo yo estar con ustedes hoy pero no se preocupen voy a disfrutar el dia equal acá en la dominicana.

(I would love to be with you all today, but no worries, I’m going to enjoy the day here in the Dominican Republic)

pues si,  (Welp)

This week went really well. It rained a ton and we had a couple of cool experiences!   After losing one of the families that we were teaching we were able to find other wonderful people that are willing to listen to us. It’s funny how we met them.  We had just finished with a lesson and we were walking out of a little community and I asked my comp if he had gone down a certain street that is there?  It seemed a little dark and just not a place where missionaries would go ha .  He told me that he hadn’t and that he didn’t want to either!   I figured that if we've never been we should go ... so we went began contacting. Honestly we passed like 20 little apartments before we got to the first door that we knocked on.  When we knocked a woman answered the door and didn’t seem to be interested but we put a day to go by her house visit with her whole family.   We went on and did a couple other contacts, then left the area.  When we went back we found out that this woman had read the pamphlet that we left with her and had also invited her family to come and listen to us!

On Thursday we just had a weird morning with meetings and things that weren’t planned.  So when we went out to teach I just felt weird. I didn’t want to be where we were because there wasn’t a set appointment in the area, so I asked my comp if he wanted to go to the other side our area to see if we could find something or... somebody ha . So we did.  When we got there it started raining a little so we kept walking then it started pouring and my comp said to me.  Watch how the Lord works.  We'll get into the next house we knock at. That’s exactly what happened!  We got the chance to talk to an awesome guy that is named Rafael.   He’s married and has two little girls. The thing is that we didn’t get to leave his house.  A storm hit right as we went in and it rained so hard that it formed rivers in the streets,  (see the photo below) covered bridges, entered into houses and killed three people! Kind of crazy, but the Lord knows where to put his missionaries and  he protects them and I have always been able to feel his protection!

Today was transfer day and I am going to stay here in Arroyo Hondo with Elder Feliz.  He will be the first missionary that I kill! ( missionary lingo for being the last companion before he goes home). 

I hope that all of you have a great Thanksgiving and that  you realize the things that you are grateful for in your life, hopefully the gospels in there! 

and someone please play a TURKEYBOWL for me !!!!

 mucho love

 ELDER GRINER
Domincan Turkeys getting ready for Thanksgiving

Yes, this is rain Dominican style! I'm soaked and standing
in a street that was turned into a river of rain!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment