Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Friday, September 21, 2012

AH 3


Howdy ha                                                                     September 19, 2012

 

This week flew by! I feel like I blinked and Wednesday was here again. I swear that time should not go as fast as it is going ! wow. 
 
Welp, Dad thanks for sending me the letters and the pictures ! You and David look exactly the same and I’m pretty sure that some of the ties that I bought in Dajabon are in the pictures you sent me! ha .

I have really been glad to be able to help other people in my time here, so far. I have found out that there are a lot of people who have a lot bigger problems then I do. This week I realized that I could never be a psychologist.  We did an exchange with a missionary that wants to go home for some stupid reason and it just made me really wonder what was going on between those ears of his.  Hopefully, as we talked he was able to feel and see what a force for good he is and what a blessing this is to him for now and forever and for his family who is supporting him, not to mention the people here in the D.R.

I have learned that the Lord has a purpose with each and every one of us.  He has always put me where I needed to be to learn a specific lesson. I have really gained a testimony that there are no coincidences in life and that everything happens for a reason.  Hopefully, we are ready for what comes and have the faith and inner strength to see our way through.

We had the chance to put a couple of baptismal dates this week, which is tight for me. One guy is named Alexis.  He’s a lawyer and has his family of six! The other one is a Haitian named James, a medical student here in Santiago that is an amazing person. Now I’m determined to learn Creole. So I am very excited to have a little success in this area and I hope that everything comes through.

We never have light in our house.  The electricity only comes on for like 2 hours a day. So today, at like ten I had to wash all of my clothes in the little time that I had. Then we went to the office where I met up with Elder Jensen (my dad, my 1st companion and trainer).  He is going home on the tenth and that is that last time that I will get to see him here in the mission!  It’s crazy to see everyone come and go and know that I am going to be next.... I don’t like the idea.

I don’t know if yall remember Yohanni , the lady that we were teaching in Dajabon.  Well I found out that her mom died on Sunday.  That killed me because I know how important she was to Yohanni.  She died of a lack of air, she couldn’t breath anymore. So I really hope that will help Yohanni better understand the plan of salvation and help her accept the gospel.  The missionaries in Dajabon can help her in her hard times.

We also had la limpia de la costa (clean the coast or shore) this past Saturday! It was so much fun. We gathered all the member from the stake and a couple groups of scouts and girl scouts and went to the river that there is here in Santiago and we cleaned the coast!  There was so so much garbage that we took out of there. It’s not even funny how much of a problem the garbage is here. I don’t know if you will be able to see what we took out but it is so so much!  President and Sister Douglas came out and supported and we had a lot of fun !

Hope all is well. God is love.  The gospel is true and families are forever!!! Wow, if everyone could just know it!

SHARE

Elder griner

Mision santiago RD



                                               MY TRAINER ELDER JENSEN - GOING HOME


LITTER AND GARBAGE EVERYWHERE
 
                                                    Elder Feliz and me on Limpia la costa" day
 
 
 



            My zone with President and Sister Douglas
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment