Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Sunday, August 5, 2012

D20

hola hola.                                                                Aug 1, 2012

 welp. I find that imp finally growing as a missionary everyday now. This week we had a couple experiences that helped me know that the lord is always preparing someone to hear from us, and reading Dad’s letter, I really do believe that it is because of the prayers that go out for the missionary’s every day.  So keep them coming! haha. But being with Elder Esparza still, has given me the chance to really focus on the work and not worry about who I am with and what he is doing. We now are teaching a couple of people that are referrals from some of the members. One is named José Luis and the other is Julio Cesar.

We talked with a couple members and explained how they could help us find people and so they went out and found these two people for us. José Luis is the son in law of a member and he honestly has been prepared by the Lord. We showed up at his door and no kidding,  before we got in the door he was reading the Book of Mormon.
We had the chance this last week to put a baptismal date with him and he accepted. The challenge right now, like a lot of people her the DR, is that he and his girl friend need to get married but I’m 100 percent sure that they will get that figured out.

The other person is Julio Cesar.  This guy is awesome he is only 22 but doesn’t really have much going for him in his life right now. So he invited us to share with him.  He has been someone that has really helped me to understand my purpose here because he is someone that wants to have God in his life and an eternal perspective.  Ha, that’s what I’m here to help with, no!

Another lady named Diosmary has been progressing for a while but her family has always been in the shadows. She explained to us that her family is all from another church and that her kids participate in Jesuitas and her husband has some part in the church as well, but she wants them to hear from us to see what will happen. ha When she told me that I got a little nervous because I’m only 20 and she wants me to go up against the pope of the DR haha but it’ll all be okay with the help of the Spirit, I can testify of the truth, even if I don’t have the scholarly back ground!

It’s not an amazing story but yesterday I made Dominican spaghetti and we took it to our neighbors that live downstairs from us and ate with them. ha We had a good time and hopefully we can talk with them about our message! 

Guys, Ii love you all and I hope the best for each and every one of you. Please take care of Staci and make sure that she doesn’t pop too soon. and tell Casey I love her.

I know the gospel is true and that it is the only way to return to live with our heavenly father (which is something that will be pretty cool)! So keep praying and reading and attending church!

 ha love yall!  bye family.

ELDER GRINER
mision santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment