Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Sunday, August 5, 2012

D19

welp. 
It’s been a while since I’ve seen yall...... a year!

FIRST OFF .HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY GRINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I
I hope that your birthday is the best day of your life, because it should be!

I’m in Santiago this week so I don’t have a lot of time to write.  This week we had the chance to have a family home evening with one of our investigators named Yohanni. It was a great experience and she is an awesome lady. We have been teaching her for a while now but she hasn’t been able to progress because her mom always needs her in the house watching after her and feeding her (kind of like Grandma Hutchings), but she is now coming to church again and sharing with us. So on Monday without planning much we went and bought food for her and we went to her house to cook and had an FHE which was way fun. 

In our area we are just about finishing meeting all of the people that we can (it seems like) but we still come across way nice people that love to listen to us. It’s hard to get them to come to church!

We had a cool experience the other day that I won’t forget. We were walking to an appointment when a guy called us so we stopped and when I saw who he was a was amazed that he wanted to talk to us. He is a person that is a former member who had been the branch president and what he said to us was ¨I need your help, because there are no blessings outside of the church.¨  So we are going to pass by and find out what we can do to help him to come back to church, because he realizes what he gave up if all goes well we can use all of the potential priesthood leadership in our area of Dajabon. 

Last Sunday in church I ended up teaching the young men and my comp taught Sunday School. They were good lessons and great to be bale to do them, but we know that we have a little bit of work to do to help everyone understand their callings and commitment. But I know that everything happens for a reason that I am here to help in some aspect of the work.

Have a good week!
I love you a lot and so does GOD!

ELDER GRINER
mision santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment