Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Sunday, July 15, 2012

D 17

Hey family how are you!                                                 11 July 2012
This week, my eyes have been opened to what I need to do in my life to return to my Heavenly Father. My companion and I are really trying hard to find people that are going to progress. But every time that Sunday comes around no one shows up to church. Well, we have one or two every week. But I know that if they will just put a little bit of their faith in the Lord he will provide for everything. I love the scripture in 1st Nephi 17, I think. Nephi says if God has such great of power and has done some many things unto the children of men how is it that he cannot show me how to build a little ship! haha and before it says if the lord commands me to do all things , I could do it . I know that as missionaries and members of the church we all talk about faith as a little thing, but everything starts with faith and that is something that I didn’t completely understand before. 
I know that ii have talked a little bit about one of our investigators named Faustino. But i would like to tell you what happens when you are in the country of the DR .  The biggest problem for him is that the wild dogs on his farm are killing his goats and chickens. Because of that he can’t come to church and for that he can’t progress. But we have been trying to help him a lot this past week. He now prays everyday for help from Heavenly Father and the other week not one of his animals died. hahaha but I think its help from the Lord!
We received a reference, but a good one and it’s that first time that I have received a good one in my entire mission. The Relief Society President told us about him and so we went and taught him . He is having problems with his stomach, so we went and gave him a blessing. After that he wanted to sit down and talk to us. So we talked and he wants to be a part of the church and learn more about Christ. He is married to the Relief Society President’s daughter. So my comp and I got talking and figured that he could get baptized and be in the temple with his wife and baby in a year! So my comp could go with him!! I really hope that he always remembers what he has felt. 
I hope that all of you know that I know this church is true, and I know that Christ died for each and every one of us. I have come to know these things through the Book of Mormon. It is a true book and can bless the lives of all who choose to read it. I know I’m not perfect but I only hope that I can be the best I can to return to live with Heavenly Father again with my family. 
Here are some answers to some of your questions: 
We meet our new Mission President this Friday!  I’m way anxious to meet him.  I’m sure he’ll be great!  It’ll be Friday the 13th …. dodododdododo
Yefery, the kid you asked about that is preparing to go on a mission to Columbia.  He’s so ready to serve a mission. It really makes me so happy for him.  And it’s one of those pay days, because I know that I had a little part in helping him understand, decide, and get ready to go. I’m sure he’ll appreciate your offer to help him if he needs it.  I will for sure tell him
Tell Jake and Zack congratulations on the little league Championship!  You don't know how much I miss that and baseball in general!!

About the exercise bar: I started to use it but then an Elder really wanted it and traded me a pull up bar like the one I had in my room for it, and I use that a ton!
No, I am not getting any taller; it’s just that the other elders in the pictures are shorter! haha I’m only getting skinnier, with all of the heat and walking!
Elder Timothy has a blog – that’s cool.  He’s awesome. We are in the same district and we´re having fun working together in Dajabon. We have intercambios (exchanges) every week now, so we have a good experience learning and associating with each other.

Thanks for your testimony Dad!  I know that you know, and that has always been a guide for me.
Thank you for being a support for me in all I do.  I really appreciate it.
 LOVE 
Elder Griner
Mision Santiago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment