Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Saturday, March 10, 2012

EE 24

Hello Hello!!                                                                    3/7/2012
How is the family!! The week that yall had sounds pretty exciting!!!
I am still in el Ejido currently and I could be transferred somewhere else this next Wednesday – but who knows.  So if I am the e-mails may be later -. haha That has been a big question for me and my comp because I highly doubt that we will be together another transfer but it could happen and if it does we'll work, ha!!!.
To your question: I teach something along these lines; Teaching kids to pray has always been fun.  I have used the example of if you don’t talk to your parents or friends for a long time how are they going to feel..?  Bad right!  That’s how heavenly father feels when you don’t talk to him and thank him for what you have. He feels bad too!! haha I know it sounds lame but it’s true and it seems to be enough explanation for most of them. 
This week has been good but pretty long. I don’t know why I have been feeling a little bit down these past few weeks and to know that you all are praying for me and that I have your support no matter what I do makes it a little bit easier. Probably just a test before transfers or some such wonderful thing! Haha  
About my clothes - my shoes and pants are okay.  I am using the shoes that I have had for the past 4 years now more than the others, but I am still using the others.  One pair of my pants absolutely tore apart while I was washing them. Thank goodness for the bishops’ mom, she’s fixing them for me and the others are fine
We had an intercambio (trade-off) with the zone leaders. I went to their area this time.  We had my comps birthday and yeah other than that we are always in the street teaching!!! 
We have had about three people come up to us and stop us to tell us that they want us to come by their houses, which is way way strange because usually it’s the other way around. I’m way glad because for the most part my comp doesn’t like to contact houses, so it’s good that people are contacting us .haha.  One lady stopped us and said.. soo I have a family member that is part of your church and I would like to know more and have you visit her as well because she is inactive for the moment!!! So we took down her address and we will be going there tomorrow, I think.  
When I was in the intercambio we met a lady that used to live in my area and her sister still lives here, she told me " look, go to her house and knock on the door and tell her that you want to share a message about the word of God and she will let you in,. but don’t you dare tell her that I sent you!" hahaha. 
Sunday was the best Sunday yet in el Ejido for me. The chapel was full of people for fast and testimony meeting and every one that I have never heard bear their testimony did!!! It was awesome and you could feel the spirit way way strong.  Then at 9:40 the Bishop walked in (church starts a 9:00 ) with his little rowdy kids and kind of killed it !!! hahah but it was way awesome to see everyone there and open up finally ! Tender mercies!
Oh yeah! We found out that we are getting a new mission president in July. President Douglas, like dad found out in the Church News. He seems like he is a nice guy. He is a lawyer and supposedly knows Spanish perfectly. I don’t know how I feel about having an American as mission president. I’m sure he’ll be great or he wouldn’t be coming to the greatest mission in the world; it’s just that I really like serving with a native Dominican.  It will be great either way!
um HEY CUBA IS OPEN FOR THE MISSIONARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When Elder Bednar was here on February 13th he talked to us and then on the 16th he dedicated Cuba for missionary work! How cool and we also found out that they will be taking 10 missionaries from the Santiago mission and putting them in Cuba! Unfortunately they won’t be taking Americans haha. Dad I know that you worked with Cuban refugees in Miami when you were out.  I’ll bet this is great news for them!
It’s just an example of how important and powerful God is. The people of Cuba will truly be blessed now because they have waited patiently for this day to come. God is good and loves us. I have been able to feel his love a lot in these last weeks he has helped me grow and has helped me realize things that I can improve and things that I’m doing good. He has a plan for me and for every one of his children! 
Something that I love to share with the people here is that we aren’t ever ever ever alone. He knows who we are and will always help us if we let him.
Ha, this is something that I have had to tell my prideful self all of the time -  open my heart and my mind and let Him in because those are two things that he doesn’t have, unless we give them to him. 
Mira (look), I love you all and miss you a lot. 
ELDER GRINER

No comments:

Post a Comment