Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Sunday, June 3, 2012

D 11

HHHEEEELLLLOOOO::                                                                      30 May 2012
So this past week was so, so amazing!! and funny.

We did have the baptism and we decided along with the other Elders that are here in Dajabon that Iris Leidy is the best convert in the world!  Haha.  She was baptized Saturday and confirmed Sunday.  Elder Horne baptized her and it was way cool. It was fun to see the change, as I’ve said in my previous email, She is absolutely different and I’m way excited for her to progress in the church. She has plans to go to the temple with the ward next Saturday to do baptisms!!  Where she will be able to learn from others and more about what the temple is all about.

We also found a man named Isidro. He is about 50 years old and has three daughters; they are all out of the house and have their career. We have taught him about 3 times now and he has accepted everything gladly and always wants to know more. It was fun the first lesson we had with him because we were trying to explain the restoration and before we could get to priesthood he asked us about it, and before we could get to Joseph Smith he asked about him, and before we could get to the Book of Mormon he asked about it. That made me laugh a little bit, but also helped me know that he was listening and interested.  I really hope he can progress and come to church!

Yesterday we had a "lesson with the elders" , meaning we invited a member to come teaching with us.  He served a mission and is now back home and serving in the branch. So, we got to the house where we were going to teach and I got thru the introductions and everything went well up until we got done with the first prayer.  When I said amen, he started talking ......... and never stopped. I can honestly say that I think I got 10 words in the whole lesson! haha ! . We had a lesson planned and everything but he just wouldn’t stop talking, maybe he was inspired to do it but quien sabe (who knows) ha. So that’s a lesson with the elders! 

The Lord works in a lot of different ways and I have been able to see His tender mercies throughout my time here in the mission. One of the things that I am really grateful for, is for all of the companions that I have had. Last night I received a call from Elder Alexis, the Haitian. I asked why he was calling me and he just told me he wanted to say hi and ask what’s up. That was just a small thing I know, but it let me know how much he cares about me, and it meant a ton to me. Little things make a big difference. I know that the Lord sent him to help me, even though we are totally different people with totally different backgrounds. I’m really grateful for it. 

I love all of you and I honestly hope everything is going okay!! 
Love,

ELDER GRINER
  

No comments:

Post a Comment