Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Saturday, May 19, 2012

D 9


Hey Fam!                                                                                               16 May 2012

What up what up what up.       How are you!!

OHHHHHHHHH i got the package Dad!!!!! Thank you so much, I will never have to buy candy again in the mission haha . But seriously thank you it made my day ".

This week has been good it was really great to talk to ya all!!! I had a lot of fun doing it. Mom I hope that your mother’s day went great.

We were able to be part of a baptism last Saturday and it went really.... well haha.  It was a baptism of the other missionaries here in Dajabon.  They baptized two kids one is 11 and the other is 16.  I had the chance to direct the baptismal service which was fun and went well.  Right after I got done witnessing and after we had shut the doors to the font we heard a big splash; the 11 year old jumped into the font like it was a swimming pool. haha probably one of the funniest things ever.

I got so sick of looking at our area notebook book every day, flipping thru the pages to try and remember where we were with teaching and assignments of each investigator, so my comp and I made a little white board thing and put our most important people on it and the things that they need to be taught.  Now it’s a lot easier and we can update that however we want.  We just put tape over a piece of paper to make a white board ha.  It works out just fine.

OHH my goodness I made the best alfredo sauce in the world the other day.  I was just missing the parmesan cheese; thank you for the recipe help!  We ate well yesterday.  

We found a man that looked like he was 102 and so I asked him how old he was and he told us ... 52 haha oh my goodness.  I laughed so hard and wondered how an old man could lie like that right to my face but maybe he just forgot ha .

We did a service that was pretty fun. We plastered (stucco) the walls at one of the members house here in Dajabon.  We had to mix concrete and throw it and spread it. It was kind of rough at first but as we got the hang of things it all worked out pretty well.  We also sprayed down and dug out all of their weeds.  My whole mission I have loved doing service and I hope that I will stay that way ha .

One thing that kills me in this country is the situation inside of a relationship.  Last Sunday this 14 year old girl came up to us and told us that she wanted to be baptized,  but the thing is that she is living with a guy who is a member that is 22 and was preparing to go on a mission . Her mom kicked her out of her house and so she ended up moving in with this kid!  So he decided to not go on a mission and let her move in with him! ugh!  Son novios, they are boyfriend and girlfriend.  I talked to her about getting married or breaking up and I tried stressing breaking up but she wants to get married and baptized.  At 14 years old - that is just crazy to me.   I think that I’ve told you before that they marry – well move in together very young here and 14 is not uncommon!

Well  those are the highlights for this week and I hope that there will be more for yall next week . haha
I love you and so does God.   In prepping and studying about the plan of salvation this week, it has become even more clear to me how individual it is for everyone and we all need to do our part here on the earth to be prepared!"

 ha love ya BYE
ELDER GRINER

No comments:

Post a Comment