Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Thursday, July 11, 2013

CF12 - LAST E-MAIL FROM DOMINICAN REPUBLIC


Family and Friends                                                                   10 July 2013

Sorry I didn’t get the chance to write last week.  I got permission to go to Dajabon with a couple other missionaries that have served there to visit all the people that we taught!  They gave us the truck and I drove everyone out there!   Also, on Thursday I went back to Arroyo Hondo to visit some of the people that we baptized there.  I got to eat lunch with Maxi James (the Haitian) and we also went and visited others in that area.  So I’ll be able to say that I visited them before I left,  ha;  because I don’t know when I’ll be able to come back here.  Today we will be eating with another guy that we taught and was baptized in Arroyo Hondo, so it should be fun!

Wow, this is the last time that I will be writing yall on Wednesday!  The next time we talk it’ll be in person hahah ! How cool is that.

Wow I don’t know what to say, I guess I could just say that looking back on all of things that have happened and all the things that I have done, these past two years have definitely helped me become a better person and will help me in the future.

I’ve learned who I am here in the mission and who I want to be.  I have a perspective of life that is totally different now.  I will not be unhappy ever again because I know how wonderful this gospel is.  It has helped me find my personality and has brought the good out of me. After having lived 21 years I can finally say that I know what Christ did for me!

Even though the time has not gone by fast,  I’m so grateful for every minute that I have spent in this country.  The people that I have met are amazing and I’ll miss them a ton.  I’ve seen people get baptized and stay strong in the church and I’ve seen how much it has changed their lives.  I know that the Lord guides his missionaries to where he wants them to be because almost all of the people that I have been able to meet have needed the Lords help, and some have opened their hearts to his message.
 
I might not of served as well as I could’ve, but I’ve learned and grown from each trial or bump in the road,  but, I’ll leave that decision up to the Lord! Ha.  I’ve had a ton of fun.  I’ve learned so much and I can say that I’ll never be the same.  I know that repentance is necessary in all of our lives because we´ll never ever be totally perfect.  I KNOW that the Book of Mormon and the New Testament are true..... can’t say that about the old testament yet, it still confuses me ha!

Before my mission when I shared my testimony in church I would always say that I’m learning that the church is true.  Now I know, and its an awesome feeling.  There are so, so, so, so, many other churches in the world or the (RD - Republica Dominicana) that are good because they talk about God.  But there’s only one that’s true and now I’m not afraid to say it.  It’s imprinted in my heart and no one will ever be able to take that away from me. 

Christ is MY savior and I know it !

LOVE YALL AND SEE YA NEXT THURSDAY!!!!!
--
ELDER MATT GRINER
misión santiago RD
2011-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment