Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Sunday, April 7, 2013

N6


Hey all!                                                                                    20, MARCH 2013
WE won the world classic hahah last night the whole country went crazy as the Dominican baseball team won the world classic! 

But this week has been cool!!

To answer your questions Dad my comp is awesome.  He’s from Vera Cruz ,Mexico and he doesn’t speak any dialect.  I guess his last name means like eagle hunting their prey or something like that ha. This transfer we haven’t done many exchanges because my comp doesn’t know the area very well yet.  We did one with the assistants to the President  the other day that was fun!  In Navarrete there are no rutas ( Toyota Corolla size cars that they pack 10 people into), we are on foot all the time.  When we need to, we call a motor taxi (three wheeled motorcycle that takes us to the stake center). Our zone is HUGE, to get to the end of it we have to take a bus for 2 hours to a place called Sabenta, we also travel to Mao and Esperanza a lot. We only eat with members on Sunday for lunch. Other than that we cook or buy rice and beans in the street. ha. 

This Monday we had a Family Home Evening with a family in the ward that absolutely has nothing.  They barely eat everyday and it’s a miracle that they have clothes to go to church in. We planned a really cool program for the FHE. We went and bought a big bag of bread, a big salami, and a bottle soda so they could eat something that night.  

Before we finished I asked all of the kids and their parents to share their testimonies with us.  They did, and as a result of being really poor and uneducated, they couldn’t really find the words to express themselves.  The spirit was so strong in little “house” because we knew that their testimonies were sincere what they lacked in words, they made up in spirit.  They may be poor as to physical things but are rich in spiritual things and they are happy.  My comp and I also had the chance to share our testimonies and as I stood up my eyes filled with tears and I shared, for one of the first times in my life, a testimony that made me spill happy tears. ha. God is good! The atonement is real and the gospel is TRUE! 

 In our exchange this week I was with Elder Wilkinson( he’s from England) and he has about the same amount of time in the mission as I do.  It was such a good day!  We taught the best lesson and helped two less actives member realize what they are missing when they don’t go to church. I explained from James 2 about faith and he explained about repentance using the example of stacking books on Vladimir’s arms, making it heavy until he repents and takes all of them off.  It might have been a really small metaphor, but I know that they understood the concept and felt that they need to be in church again, and that the gospel is the only thing that helps us progress!

 I don’t know much about what’s going on at home.  I hope that Bristen and the baby are okay! And that everyone is happy! Ha and if not you should definitely get happy because we only get one life to be happy !!!  

The gospel has been restored and I know it, repentance is the only way to enter into the kingdom of God and applying these things in our life is what makes us happy. I know because I’ve been on both ends of the story ! ha  

LOVE YOU ALL

ELDER MATT GRINER
misión santiago RD
2011-2013


No comments:

Post a Comment