Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Sunday, March 17, 2013

N 5


HOLAS MIS QUIERDOS !!!                                                            13  March 2013 
 
So this week was good!!   It must be a freaky number day huh?  3 13 13. haha
 
I have new comp ha. His name is Elder Cuauhtemoc from Mexico. 

He is a very relaxed person and only has been in the mission for 7 months.  The president has already called him to be a Zone leader, he is very responsible and I’m excited to work with him. But it feels weird because I have take charge in the area again and even though I’ve done it a ton I still feel nervous when I think of the responsibility the lord gives us with his children.   (note:  In Matt’s mission the companionship are co-zone leaders and share in the overall responsibility of their own area and the several districts that make up their zone.) 

In my last week with Elder Cespedes, I felt so good as a missionary. We were doing everything that we needed to do be to able to be successful in the mission and that’s exactly what happened.  

We taught two lessons that were funny and spiritual! Jose Urena who has a baptismal date for the 30th of this month was at his house on Thursday so we went by and taught him the word of wisdom.  You have to know him haha and that up until this point EVERYTHING with him has gone perfect.... but as we taught and I explained that we don’t drink coffee and why he just started laughing and said.... I drink coffee more than water!!  But after, he committed to live the word of wisdom!  And that made me happy.  We are going to have to call him every morning to help him to stop. 
 
We were also in a lesson with Jeny.  She invited us to share the gospel with her.  We went and met with her and before I could even say a word she said... “I can’t wait to go to church today”.  She has never been to church and had only read the first part of the Book of Mormon.  Somehow she felt the Spirit and wanted to go to church really bad ha!  That honestly was probably one of the easiest lessons I’ve ever taught! 
 
Here are some of the pictures that I have had a hard time downloading.  They are of the baptisms that we have had the past month,  and some of the Christmas party we helped with at the Callejera Accion.
 
LOVE YOU ALL !!!

Elder Griner
misión santiago RD
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment