Matt's scripture for the week

Therefore, … whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely;

Alma 42:27





Thursday, January 26, 2012

EE 18

Well hello there!                                                                                          01/25/2012 
It’s seems like it’s been a very, very, very, short week. It went by way to fast and I feel like every day is going by faster and faster.  
To answer your questions dad: Delvi won’t accept us anymore and his friends are too much of an influence on him, which kills me.  We keep passing by his house and he’s never there.  I tried calling but he doesn’t/won’t answer. The house that we are building is coming along.... not fast though, because since Elder Jensen left we don’t go over as much as we were. We went on Monday and had to pick at concrete so we could put up a wall. We picked for about 3 hours with a 4 lb sledge hammer.  haha my hands kill, it’s like the 1st week of batting practice without using gloves – I must be losing some of my calluses.... but yeah it’s coming along okay. 
I feel like we are actually doing something to help our ward now.  We are working with the members, doing visits with them and taking as many as will on our missionary teaching appointments and trying to include them in everything. We worked with our mission leader and put together a chart of the members and assigned 1 family to 2 other families.  They call to check and see if they are having their Family Home Evening (FHE) and if they are ready to go to church when the time comes.  If anyone has problems, it’s easier this way to get the members working for each other and not just the leaders calling everyone. This also helps us have an updated list of every person that we can take teaching with us.  It is effective and awesome. haha . 
We had an FHE on Monday that was sweet.  We called a family to accompany us and we had the tema (lesson subject), but we had been so busy we hadn’t planned anything. So, when we were walking towards the house I asked my comp what we were going to teach, he looked at me and said hmmmmm whatever the spirit tells us. So we prayed.... and they spirit hadn’t talked to me yet so I looked over to him and he was flipping to the back of the scriptures where he found the word adversity (which was perfect for the family) and from that word he had a scripture in 2 Nephi that he shared and I shared one from Helaman and they went together perfectly.  The family had questions and comments and then we ate after this great discussion.  Over all it was perfect.... but not planned.  Sometimes we are blessed in the best ways – tender mercies!
Yesterday we had an awesome opportunity which doesn’t come along very often.  We have a family that we are teaching, Igor, Mildred and their two kids. She is at home by herself most of the time and he is a vet.  She has tons of work to do around the house, so yesterday we got there... Oh after bible bashing with the testigos de jehova (we won – if there is such a thing in a Bible bash).... she looked completely worn out; the house was way dirty and the dishes weren’t done.  So we put our backpacks down.  My comp looked after the baby and I went after the dishes.  We started cleaning; and cleaned the kitchen and the dishes and let her rest a little. We got to talk to her a little while we were working.  Now she knows us a little better and who we are and we know her a little better and who she is.  Now our relationship is so much better because we had the chance to help her a little bit – a little trust built by small acts of service.  I don’t want to jinx her or us so I will leave the story at that for now. hahah Usually when I email about someone we are teaching and seems really ready, we don’t end up getting a hold of them the next week. haha. 
I don’t think that I’m going anywhere this transfer.  I didn’t get called to train L  and I’m sad about that.  I really wanted to.  I think that my comp and I will be together here in El Ejido for another transfer, but we are not sure. I’ll find out on the 31st. 
 We got to play Dr. Phil this past week with a couple that lives close to the Bishop in a place called Congo.  They are married and have twins.  Something happened and he left the house for about 4 days and left her with the kids.  So we went over and gathered them all up for a little talk.  We had Romy with us - he can talk anyone into anything - so we brought the husband in sat down and talked about marriage/ family and how important it is.  During our little chat they fixed some things up in their relationship and it was sweet to see them back together. 
But, yah.  That is the weekly report for here in Santiago RD.  Please keep me updated on things back at home!!!
I love you all and will e-mail ya next week
DAD!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you spend it well in the hospital !!!!!!!!!!!! haha no really, I hope your surgery goes well.

ELDER GRINER 

No comments:

Post a Comment